Check Your NuWallpaper
- Check all batch & pattern numbers match
- Check all rolls are undamaged & free from misprints
- Check all colors match roll to roll & edge to edge
- Check you have sufficient rolls to complete the job, allowing for design repeat
Gather Your Tools
- Tape Measure
- Level (or Plumb Bob) & Pencil
- Ruler or Straight Edge
- Utility Knife & Plastic Smoother Set
- Step Stool or Step Ladder
Prepare Your Walls
- Let the product acclimate/acclimatize in the room it will be applied, for a minimum of 48 hours.
- Clean surface using warm water only. If chemical cleaners, or soap is used, there can be no residue.
- Allow at least 4 weeks for newly painted surfaces to fully cure (or longer, if recommended by paint manufacturer)
- Test product in an inconspicuous location of surface before applying to desired location.
Surfaces must be smooth, dry, clean & firm. The product may not adhere to unclean/textured surfaces. LEARN MORE about surfaces not recommended for application.
Hang Your First Strip
- Draw a straight vertical line using your level, 20 inches (50cm) from the left hand side of your wall, unless hanging a feature wall, where you should start in the center to ensure symmetry especially on large scale designs. This is a guide for your first length/strip, so it’s important for it to be straight.
- Peel about 12 inches (30cm) of the backing away. Apply the front sheet to the top of the wall, allowing a bit of excess to overlap the ceiling. Align the right side of the length/strip to your mark & press to the smooth, clean, dry wall. Working from top to bottom, pull the backing away as you evenly press the paper to the wall.
- When peeling the backing away be careful around the edges to avoid papercuts. Remove the sheet to reposition if needed.
- Use a plastic smoother to push out any air bubbles from the center outwards. Applying moderate pressure use the smoother over the full surface area of the product to ensure firm adhesion to the wall.
- Trim along the top & bottom of the length/strip using a straight edge & sharp utility knife. It’s important to use the smoother to ensure adhesion.
Do not stretch the material. This can cause gaps between the seams overtime.
Apply Remaining Strips
- Apply the next strip/length according to the instructions above, slightly overlapping & matching the pattern to the first strip/length. If you are having difficulty with an uneven corner, try cutting into the corner rather than wrapping from one wall to the next.
- Slightly overlapping lengths/strips by approximately 1/32in (0.5mm) is recommended.
If the product is not slightly overlapped when it shrinks back, it will leave a gap.
Clean Your NuWallpaper
NuWallpaper® may be wiped with a slightly damp cloth. Excessive liquid may damage the product and is not recommended.
Remove or Reposition Your NuWallpaper
Slowly pull edge from top corner directly downward. NuWallpaper® adhesive is repositionable & always removable.
Before You Hang Your NuWallpaper
While every precaution is taken to ensure that this product reaches you in perfect condition it is your responsibility to check it is free from defect before & during hanging.
The manufacturer cannot be held liable for costs incurred due to incorrect hanging technique, or hanging defective wallpaper, if by preliminary inspection the defect would have been found.
We recommend completing the Starting Checklist, found in Step 1, then after hanging 2–3 lengths check again before continuing. To resolve complaints, samples & labels must be returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
WARNINGS: To minimize the hazard in the event of a fire do not hang wallcoverings over expanded polystyrene veneers & ensure wallcoverings are always firmly stuck down.
Surfaces Not Recommended for Application
We do not recommend hanging NuWallpaper on the following surfaces:
Unpainted Drywall/Sheetrock or Plaster
If you are hanging this product around sockets or switches, switch off main power, unscrew fixtures & clean out all dust prior to starting as this will negatively affect adhesion.
Any damp issues must be corrected before application of this wallcovering.